- Proven Investment Process. We are value investors and buy where the risk/return profile of a security is attractive.
- Proven Performance. Our portfolios have consistently exceeded our composite benchmarks by a wide margin over the medium and long term.
- We Neither Look Like Nor Perform Like the Index. We rely on our in-house research and screening processes, and follow a defined methodology. Most of our competitors try to protect their business by mimicking the benchmark.
- Aligned Interests. Our portfolio managers invest their personal wealth alongside you.
- Global Perspective. Despite our North American bias, we take advantage of value opportunities anywhere in the world. We have successfully invested in Britain, Europe, Japan and emerging markets.
- Investment Versatility. In addition to large corporations, we invest in small and medium sized firms. This is more difficult for multi-billion dollar competitors to do because they need to buy and sell a much larger volume if they want a position to be meaningful to their clients’ portfolios.
- Finding Fixed Income Value. We take an opportunistic approach by seeking price inefficiencies in corporate bonds and preferred shares.
- Clients. We serve an exclusive number of high net worth individuals, families, endowments and foundations, and offer customized services that meet all of their needs.
- Personal Attention. You deal directly with our staff, including the portfolio managers, who make all investment decisions. You can call any one of us, at any time.
- Segregated and Pooled Funds. In addition to segregated accounts, we also manage a private pooled fund. Segregated accounts enable us to tailor client portfolios to their priorities, such as excluding certain stocks due to personal ethical beliefs. The pooled fund, however, allows us to manage smaller amounts of capital more efficiently.
“You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”
– Warren Buffett